THE PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION ACT
GENERAL WEBSITE PRIVACY NOTICE
This NOTICE explains how we obtain, use and disclose your personal information, in accordance with the requirements of the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 (“POPIA”) as amended.
At Supercart we are committed to protecting your privacy and to ensure that your personal information is collected and used properly, lawfully and transparently.
The right to PRIVACY within South Africa has been protected within the South African Bill of Rights under the Constitution of the Republic of South Africa since 1996. This right has further been given effect through the Protection of Personal Information Act (4 of 2013) known as “POPIA”.
Supercart is committed to protecting the privacy of our Customers, Suppliers, Employees and Partners, in line with POPIA and related South African legislation, global leading practices, and our commitment to good institutional governance.
- ABOUT US
Supercart is a company incorporated within the Republic of South Africa.
Our relevant details are as follows:
|Company Registered Name:||Supercart South Africa (Pty) Ltd|
|Company Registration No:||1996/ 017327/ 07|
|Physical Address:||32 Prospecton Road, Prospecton, 4110, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa|
|Postal Address:||32 Prospecton Road, Prospecton, 4110, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa|
|VAT Registration No:||439 016 3022|
|Landline Telephone No:||031 913 5270|
The following definitions below, as defined in the POPIA, are noted here for reference purposes and clarity.
- “DATA SUBJECT”
DATA SUBJECT means the person or an identifiable juristic person to whom personal information relates. Data Subjects may include, but are not limited to:
- MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC
- “PERSONAL INFORMATION”
PERSONAL INFORMATION means information relating to an identifiable, living individual or identifiable existing company, including, but not limited to:
- information relating to the race, gender, sex, pregnancy, marital status, national, ethnic or social origin, colour, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental health status, well-being, disability, religion, conscience, belief, culture, language and birth of the person;
- information relating to the education or the medical, financial, criminal or employment history of the person;
- any identifying number, symbol, email address, physical address, telephone number, location information, online identifier or other particular assignment to the person;
- the biometric information of the person;
- the personal opinions, views or preferences of the person;
- correspondence sent by the person that is implicitly or explicitly of a private or confidential nature or further correspondence that would reveal the contents of the original correspondence;
- the views or opinions of another individual about the person; and
- the name of the person if it appears with other personal information relating to the person of if the disclosure of the name itself would reveal information about the person.
DATA means information in electronic form.
A PROCESS is a collection of practices influenced by the organisation’s policies and procedures that take inputs from a number of sources (including other processes), manipulates the inputs and produces outputs (such as product and services).
- “PROCESS OWNER”
PROCESS OWNER is the individual accountable for the performance of a process in realising its objectives, driving process improvement, and approving process changes. Process Owners include, but are not limited to, Executives, Managers, Supervisors and Designated Staff.
PROCESSING means any operation or activity or any set of operations, whether or not by automatic means, concerning personal information including:
- The collection, receipt, recording, organisation, collation, storage, updating or modification, retrieval, alteration, consultation or use;
- Disseminations by means of transmission, distribution, or making available in any other form; or
- merging, linking, as well as restriction, degradation, erasure, or destruction of information.
USER means a person who uses a computer or other device to access this website.
- “WEB BROWSER”
WEB BROWSER mean an application used to access and view this website. Well known web browsers include Microsoft’s Internet Explorer, Google’s Chrome and Apple’s Safari just to name a few.
- “TRAFFIC DATA”
TRAFFIC DATA means any data processed for the purpose of the conveyance of communication on an electronic communications network in respect of that communication and includes data relating to the routing, duration or time of a communication.
COOKIES means a small text file created by the website that is stored in the user’s device either temporarily for that session or permanently. COOKIES provide a way for the website to recognise you and keep track of your preferences.
- PERSONAL INFORMATION
This website ( www.supercart.com ) does not collect personal information unless you provide us with your personal information. If you provide personal information through this website by means of the CONTACT US page or ORDER NOW popup, this information is not STORED in any database but is merely passed onto us via an Email. We will then process that information once received into our various Information Systems depending whether you are a Customer or a Supplier.
- INFORMATION SECURITY
We are legally obliged to provide adequate protection for the personal information we hold and to stop unauthorised access and use of personal information. We will, on an on-going basis, continue to review our security controls and related processes to ensure that your personal information remains secure.
Our security policies and procedures cover:
- Physical Security;
- Computer and Network Security;
- Access to Personal Information;
- Secure Communications;
- Security in contracting out activities or function;
- Retention and Disposal of Information;
- Acceptable Usage of Personal Information;
- Governance and Regulatory Issues;
- Monitoring Access and Usage of Private Information;
- Investigating and Reacting to security incidents.
When we contract with third parties, we impose appropriate security, privacy and confidentially obligations on them to ensure that personal information the we remain responsible for, is kept safe and secure.
We will ensure that anyone to whom we pass your personal information agrees to treat your information with the same level of protection as we are obliged to.
- USE and DISCLOSURE
We will only use personal information that you provide through this website for the purpose for which you provided it.
We will not make your personal information available to any third party unless this is necessary for the purpose for which you provided the information.
We may use your personal information for the purposes of administering and improving the website (refer to point 9 & 10 below), improving our services or communicating with you. The personal information you provide to us may be shared with operators to the extent necessary for them to administer and improve the website on our behalf.
We will only disclose your personal information to third parties in limited circumstances where authorised by POPIA (for instance to enable the South African Police Services to investigate a criminal offence).
- YOUR RIGHTS and ACCESS TO INFORMATION
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you. To do this you can simply email us at email@example.com and specify what information you require. We will then send you a Form to Complete so that we have an official documentation tracking for this ACCESS to INFORMATION. We would also require a COPY of your ID DOCUMENT so that we can confirm your identity before providing the required details we have on record.
PLEASE NOTE that any such request for ACCESS to INFORMATION may be subject to a payment of a legally allowable fee.
- CORRECTION of PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the right to ask us to UPDATE, CORRECT or REMOVE and DELETE your personal information we have on record. Should you wish to AMEND your personal information you can simply email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your request and we will send you a FORM to COMPLETE. We would also require a COPY of your ID DOCUMENT so that we can confirm your identity before be able to process any such AMENDMENT requests.
- WEBSITE ANALYTICS
You may visit the website without providing any personal information. The website servers will in such instances collect the IP ADDRESS used by the data subject to access the website, but not the email address or any other personal identifiable information. The information on the IP ADDRESSES is aggregated to measure the number of visits, the average time spent at the website, pages viewed, etc. We analyse, from time to time, the non-identifiable traffic data to improve our services.
We may collect, hold, and use statistical information about website visits to help us improve the website. Such information includes:
- Your IP ADDDRESS;
- The search terms you used to get to our website;
- The pages accessed on the website and the links website visitors clicked on;
- The DATE and TIME you visited the website;
- The referring website (if any) through which you clicked through to reach our website; and
- The type of web browser you used to access our website.
- SOCIAL MEDIA NETWORKING SERVICES
We currently DO NOT make use of any SOCIAL MEDIA NETWORKS for the purposes of communication or the collection or dissemination of personal information of any data subjects.